Please help! Duck with severely injured toe!

Boy I bet that hurt the alcohol. Betadine would have been good or salty water. Soap an water. But as long as you washed it. Did you look around for anything that had blood on it? Sure don’t want another stepping on what ever it was. @casportpony is a good one for wound care and antibiotics let’s see if she’s on.

Boy I bet that hurt the alcohol. Betadine would have been good or salty water. Soap an water. But as long as you washed it. Did you look around for anything that had blood on it? Sure don’t want another stepping on what ever it was. @casportpony is a good one for wound care and antibiotics let’s see if she’s on.
Thank you. He didn’t really act like it hurt he just stood there. He is a very tame duck though. I did look all over and didn’t find anything he could have cut it. I checked the others feet they were good. I just don’t know how it happened but thank you for the help. The others are in the house right now so they should be fine.

Keep us updated on how he is doing. Just keep him clean and flies off of him if you have them already, they will get into a wound and lay eggs and then he’ll have maggots. Not something you want to be dealing with.

Keep us updated on how he is doing. Just keep him clean and flies off of him if you have them already, they will get into a wound and lay eggs and then he’ll have maggots. Not something you want to be dealing with.

I will definitely keep an eye out. I am grateful for all the help and will definitely update. I will do my best to keep him clean and happy. I did manage to get a better photo of his foot and circle the areas that his toe is still attached too. I am currently sitting with him and I gave him water with electrolytes. He seems to be doing good right now.

Attachments

• 9B5C0CFD-A1AD-4513-B325-E61D486DED07.jpeg
    9B5C0CFD-A1AD-4513-B325-E61D486DED07.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 13
That is amazing you’d think he’d be in so much pain. It looks like a clean cut. It may just heal if you can keep the tissue with antibiotic ointment.

That is amazing you’d think he’d be in so much pain. It looks like a clean cut. It may just heal if you can keep the tissue with antibiotic ointment.
He is acting quite normal except for the slight limp. He was running around this morning and flapping his wings! I was very surprised that he had been running around with his sister just this morning acting as if nothing was wrong. He is definitely a survivor so far! He was one of the refrigerated eggs and he needed an assisted hatch as a duckling also for his first three days of life he couldn’t really walk well or eat. He is very strong and resilient even though he is the smallest of all three! :rolleyes:

I am quite attached to him because of this as well. He is my best buddy and the nicest of the ducks. I am definitely hoping he will pull through this as well. I feel bad that he has had to deal with all this. His sisters both hatched on their own and ate right away. They are happy and healthy and awaiting Bob’s return. 😅

Back
Top Bottom