Please help! Duck with severely injured toe!

I didn’t get a response so I decided to go ahead and amputate the dead toe. It went well. I cleaned it well and afterwards I applied some qwick stop powder. He seems happier. The swelling has gone down some and he is walking better. It only bled a small amount then stopped. I have been spraying it with Vetricyn. He went outside today and walked around with his sisters. I think he is doing better.

Can someone please please help? His foot is still swelled and hasn’t changed much. I noticed that his bone was exposed after we amputated the toe. Despite that he’s recently been doing well and getting around pretty good until today. He is really lethargic and not wanting to eat treats and putting his head down not quacking much. What could have changed? What can I do to help him? I’m very very concerned.

I don’t have a poultry vet in the area that I can take him to and I’m at a loss of what to do! He was acting normal yesterday but not this morning :(

He has not been on antibiotics I have been soaking in epsom salt and spraying it with Banixx. We had to amputate his toe because we don’t have a vet that would do it.

Back
Top Bottom