Please help! Easter Egger experts needed!

Thanks so much for all your help everyone!

She is a lovely girl so I am really happy she is a girl! She's hand raised and with a whole garden to free-range in rarely leaves our courtyard where she can see us. And she flies out to greet us when we get home from work. I just love that!

Thanks for the cull definition too. We got her at one week so maybe it was just a batch of eggs they weren't sure about. Blue eggs or not if she's a girl she's staying
smile.png

Yep, by cull I was meaning they probably got rid of her because she doesn't have a beard or muffs. The comb looks single but it is up to you to tell us if it is or not.
wink.png

If it isn't, she'll lay blue eggs.

I agree its a pullet . Pea combs certainly do not guarantee blue eggs nor do single combs mean they will absolutely not lay blue . There is a greater chance that if a pea combed blue egg layer [ that is only homozygous for blue ] is crossed with a single combed non-blue egg layer , those chicks born with single combs will not lay blue . It is even entirely possible to breed single combed chickens to be pure for the blue egg gene .
ETA and if an Araucana or Ameruacana is not pure for pea combs but is pure for blue eggs , comb type on the chicks is irrelevant and all chicks will carry the blue gene

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom