PLEASE help emergency bad pip situation

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
One of my Turken babies pipped sometime this morning. She pipped down REALLY low on the egg. I know from my final candling that the aircell is nice and tight, right at the top so she is nowhere near it and it is bleeding some where she pipped. Not a lot from what I can see through the window but who knows. There is no way she can survive unless she moves. Is there anything I can do to help her without killing her or is it a lost cause at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to lose this baby.
sad.png

are you hatching in the carton? If not I would let it be for now. I frequently have them pip not in the air cell. I ended up losing the last one that pipped at the bottom of the egg because I decided to help. I wouldn't worry about the blood too much either, just had one hatch last week that was bleeding, it did fine. If they are in the carton I would be inclined to lay it on it's side. Good luck!

Krista

Thanks....they are in cartons so I quickly pulled her out and put her in the bottom of the bator with the pip up.......fingers crossed
fl.gif
thank you, again. I just hope the littel sweetie makes it.
sad.png
I have never had one pip completely away from the aircell.
sad.png

I actually had it happen very frequently before I started dry incubating, they did ok. My last batch that had the bleeder was the first to pip, third to hatch, so don't stress if it's not the first to zip.
Krista

Just watch her and see if she is showing signs of getting tired or weak-breathing slower, quiter peeps, etc. If she is you may have to go in and gently remove some of the shell-leave the membrane. Sometimes when they pip low they don't have enough room to move inorder to zip. Sometimes they have enough room though, so don't panic.

She isn't making any noise at all which is scaring me......I feel she isn't getting any/enough air.
sad.png
I can see movement behind the membrane so I know she is alive though. Someone needs to remind me again WHY I hatch these things!!!!!!
th.gif

Thanks guys I am going to have to leave in a bit which makes this even worse. I don't want to leave her.
sad.png

All chicks are assumed to be "her" until proven otherwise.
wink.png

smile.png

Is the membrane broken? If not, I would poke a hole in the membrane, so she won't need the airsac. Once they break open to the air, they should be able to breathe from the pip.
smile.png

hugs.gif
and
fl.gif

I wouldn't make the hole too big, there is obviously a vein right there, hence the blood. But I do agree, I would make sure there is a place for fresh air to get in, although small
wink.png

Krista

Yeah, she has a very small hole where she is bleeding. The blood looks pretty dry though right now so I am hoping it isn't still bleeding inside.

Ummmm......yeah......ALL chicks are a SHE unless I desperately need a HE of that particular variety!!!!

I am going to just fall over now!!!!!! This better be one awfulll sweet chickie for all she is putting me through!!! But then, aren't they all!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom