Please HELP fast. Please PLEASE please (updated.)

Jennyhaschicks

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Maine
My momma silkie was outside. Was fine.
Now she is falling forward and twisting her neck. When I pick her up she is like in a daze and her neck is crooked. I thought she may be choking or something?
Please help. Maybe I can do something.

Last edited:
I can't help you with what she may have, but a while ago I had one of my silkie girls do that same thing. We put her in a laundry basket with towels, to hold her head up. She did come around. Keep us posted.

Maybe she hit her head on something.
idunno.gif
thats what we thought.

Last edited:
She is better now??
That was strange. She couldn't really move her wings because she was out of it. She was falling forward with her butt up in the air. When I picked her up she dropped her head and looked at me upside down.. I massaged her neck when I first got to her because I thought she was choking or her air way was obstructed.. She laid in my lap while I held her head up. She was out of it for about a total of ten minutes... No control over her body.
She picked her head up and was looking around. I set her on the floor and she starting cheeping. She has 3 babies who she was calling. She then started walking. I put her back outside and she was ok.. I will watch her.
Strange.

Quote:
My crested duck did this a while back..i brought him inside and in a few minutes he came out of it. it was weird! i think he had a seizure or something..hes been fine since..

Ours did something similar. Couldn't walk, kept falling over. Turned out she didn't shake herself out after a dustbath. She was fine once she figured out she needed to shake. Not thinking that's what happened to you. Just saying sometimes weird little things happen.

Good luck! Hope she's recovered from whatever she was dealing with.
fl.gif

That sounds like a seizure. I have a Dominique chick of 9 weeks that was like that early on. Now she trembles constantly but no more seizures.

She would hit the deck and her neck was twisted back as far as she could get it, both wings out and legs straight down. It was hard to watch, and I'd just hold her and calm her until it was over. I don't know how long she'll live, but we'll just keep her until then- she's a very nice bird.

I hope it doesn't happen again, and that your girl is fine!

Back
Top Bottom