Please help, Feral cats

Quote:
OK, just one off topic comment...
I wish I had Korean neighbors. The food is great. Plus I've always wanted
to try cat. It's all meat. When you think about all the cats we euthanize
it's crazy. We can be eating them.

Seriously, Asian folks are wonderful. Many that I've been friends with have
a very good connection with reality, something we have lost.

OK, back to topic.
tongue.png

Talk to animal control and see what your options are...My ACO says that I can take out anything that's bothering my birds...
Talk to the neighbour and hand her a bill for the damage that the cat has done to your "show" birds and your "egg/breeding" program...if that doesn't make her sit up and take notice...bailing Fluffy out of kitty jail may just do it.

Angel, so sorry about your birds. i would feel the same if something ate my babies. Don't buy the fox or cougar or any other critter urine. It does not work and it stinks to high heaven. Trapping cats is fairly easy. Just get one of those havahart traps, put in some stinky food (or perhaps raw chicken, since they seem attracted to that), cover the trap with bushes or a blanket so they will not be afraid to go in. After you trap them, take them to Animal Control. If they are feral they will be humanely euthanized and out of your life.

Other options to use in a trap to catch a cat would be lots of catnip. i tried in vain once to catch a feral that was hosing our yard under. No type of food worked, but when i loaded the trap with catnip i caught him (then trotted him down to animal control).

Good luck!

Cats hate water so git a sprincler that has an atomatic sprinkler with a movement sencer on it so when he cat git clos it will scare it off.

Quote:

OK, back to topic.
tongue.png

idunno.gif
hu.gif

Cat, dog, anything that walks is all eatable but most asians know the sterotype in the US about eating pets so even if they've tried it or ate them back home, they won't say so. Lots of meat is uthanized... last year a few thousand non-migatory migratory geese were euthanized for overpopulation... and what did they do with the bodies? Throw them away. What was the next segment, homeless people not having enough food to eat at the food banks... so you just tossed a few thousand lbs of good meat and now asking for people to give them food they bought.

Thank you so much everyone. We are gonna try and locate on of those havahart traps today. Hopefully we can find one in town. Wish me luck cat hunting!!

I hope I have never ate cat but I do understand what you are saying!!

Quote:

OK, back to topic.
tongue.png

For what it is worth, ask what it is before you put it on your plate. I had to eat mine and my wife's both. You don't want to be rude though.

I am sure they have some problems with some of the stuff we eat also. Especially dairy products. Asians often have lactose intollerance.

Rufus
F

If the cats are feral, I don't think you can hand the bill to the neighbor...feral cats are wild and typically don't belong to anyone, though some people will try to help them survive. I have a domestic cat who I have finally given up on and I let go out, (Maine Coon) my neighbor has permission to spray him with the hose when he is a nuisance! It works...

My trap is all set and ready to go...I saw the cat in the neighbors yard scoping out my yard so hopefully I can take care of this quickley and let my chickens come out. My poor Moe is pacing at the coop /run door and wants to come play!!!

Back
Top Bottom