Please help!!! Goose sak not absorbed. We assisted in hatch.

sprincha

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 21, 2013
Yesterday morning 2 goose eggs were very active ..chirping and moving eggs we heard it all day. Finally one broke through . The other no movement... Silent for hours. Wasn't sure whether to intervene or let go... Decided to intervene after candling. Peeled the shell and membrane
Was so dry. Didn't see any movement. Used sterile utensil for small opening, we could see movement. So relieved! Thought that was enough. A little while later , you could tell breathing was slowing and then stopped. (The other egg is still very active and chipping away... So we was worried that this baby was weak and couldn't get air. ) we then decided to peel away more shell towards the head. We thought for sure it was dead.As soon as the head came out it started breathing again. Sak not absorbed, left bottom in shell and put back in incubator. It was active and moving around a little bit. This morning it is still actively moving, sak not absorbed. Moistened it . Also wrapped in wet cloth the egg shell. What else can I do. Any suggestions. Never gone thru this before. Been making my decisions from research and this site...thanks!

Yesterday morning 2 goose eggs were very active ..chirping and moving eggs we heard it all day. Finally one broke through . The other no movement... Silent for hours. Wasn't sure whether to intervene or let go... Decided to intervene after candling. Peeled the shell and membrane
Was so dry. Didn't see any movement. Used sterile utensil for small opening, we could see movement. So relieved! Thought that was enough. A little while later , you could tell breathing was slowing and then stopped. (The other egg is still very active and chipping away... So we was worried that this baby was weak and couldn't get air. ) we then decided to peel away more shell towards the head. We thought for sure it was dead.As soon as the head came out it started breathing again. Sak not absorbed, left bottom in shell and put back in incubator. It was active and moving around a little bit. This morning it is still actively moving, sak not absorbed. Moistened it . Also wrapped in wet cloth the egg shell. What else can I do. Any suggestions. Never gone thru this before. Been making my decisions from research and this site...thanks!
How is it doing now? sorry this thread is so slow. has the gosling kicked out of the shell? i just recently read to use straight iodine and clean the sac with it it should absorb on it's own in a couple days main thing it to keep it on clean bedding like towels where the sac can't get caught on something and pull it which could cause bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom