Please help; hatchery fiasco…10 unknown chicks!!

What’s the chance of a Silver Phoenix with this one?View attachment 3783740View attachment 3783741
Given the coloring and the dark feet, plus I think I see a single comb:
I think you are probably correct.

If the comb was pea, it would probably be an Easter Egger.

Also, is this a separate breed than above ? I’m inclined to believe two separate females.
This one maybe a silver leghorn? (Or brown?)View attachment 3783745View attachment 3783747

I can't see the foot color, but Silver Leghorn seems likely (especially if the feet are yellow.) I think Silver Leghorn is more likely than Brown Leghorn, based on the back looking grayish rather than brown.

If the feet are dark colored like the other one, then they might be the same breed as each other.

The chick in the 6th pic of the first post is probably a Dominique, because it appears to have a rose comb. A Barred Rock would have a single comb.
Ohhh yeah! I am used to single combs, my rose/walnut combs are on my chicks and are barely visible. sorry! You got a rare breed too! I love having my rare breeds! I have ancona ducks, buckeye chickens, and blue australorps. The australorps were really hard to find!

Ohhh yeah! I am used to single combs, my rose/walnut combs are on my chicks and are barely visible. sorry! You got a rare breed too! I love having my rare breeds! I have ancona ducks, buckeye chickens, and blue australorps. The australorps were really hard to find!
Yes I like my rare breeds!

I actually have two Ancona ducks growing up with 3 crested ducks.

Can you see the comb clear enough? 7A101DCA-71A0-4B74-861F-8E157A491D28.jpeg 9CD11D62-797C-4929-B55C-2BB5B5E39052.jpeg

Yes, I think that is a rose comb, which should mean Dominique.
Although I think I see white on the feet (Dominque should have yellow.)

White feet would mean Marans or Olive Egger, except that a rose comb is wrong for both of those.

I suppose it could be some new breed they have just started raising, that isn't listed on their website yet, but I can't immediately think of what it might be.

Based on the amount of white in the feathering, I think that chick is probably a male. (But wait to confirm that, before making any final decisions: you wouldn't want to cull or rehome a pullet if I'm wrong!)

Last edited:
Yes, I think that is a rose comb, which should mean Dominique.
Although I think I see white one the feet (Dominque should have yellow.)

White feet would mean Marans or Olive Egger, except that a rose comb is wrong for both of those.

I suppose it could be some new breed they have just started raising, that isn't listed on their website yet, but I can't immediately think of what it might be.

Based on the amount of white in the feathering, I think that chick is probably a male. (But wait to confirm that, before making any final decisions: you wouldn't want to cull or rehome a pullet if I'm wrong!)
Well it’s already up for sale as it is. Lol I didn’t want that breed.
I forgot to get pics of the feet earlier on the other. Maybe I can remember tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom