please help! humidity?!

ahobby988

Hatching
Apr 28, 2017
Ok I'm new to incubating and I built a Styrofoam incubator. everything had been perfect with it until today when (day 17) that I started trying to raise the humidity. it's stayed at about 100.5 and humidity at about 49-52. so I added a bowl of water to start getting humidity up and it worked humidity came up to 60 but so did the temperature in the incubator like 106! what do I do?!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Sorry about the incubator issues, I have no experience and cannot give you an answer.

But see you have posted the problem in the hatching forums, hope someone there will give you the advice you need.

Hi and welcome to BYC. I'm sure you will get the advice you need from the hatching experts.

Good luck
CT

Hope you can get temp. down 106 can fry them in the shell. Are you sure your thermometer /hygrometer are accurate? Folks usually have two of each to be sure.

once I cut a hole in lid everything balanced out humidity is a tad lower than desired 58 but almost 10% higher than be for lock down which was 49/52 I have 3 sponges a bowl of water and 2 wet paper towels in it... should I try to get it higher?

G’Day from down under ahobby988
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I only have experience with hatches under a broody hen but I do wish you all the best.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Back
Top Bottom