please help. i want to hatch ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TheDuckCrew, Mar 21, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I have four pekins i got from the food store last year, sadly three are boys. i was hoping i could hatch some of the eggs, keep some girls and then give the rest away. the only problem is convincing my parents. any ideas?

my mom does have a friend that wants ducks, so the other hatchlings would have a place to go. i found a homemade incubator that can be made for about $20.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    You can usually sell them on Craigslist, any extras I mean, and the eggs are great for baking! HUGE POOFY CAKES! If you only have one girl there will be trouble/bullying in the future, so you are just trying to take good care of your girly duck! Seems logical...[​IMG]

3. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    yeah the fighting has already started. its insane. two drakes both think they are the dominant ones and never stop fighting! we seperated them and they stay that way now, the little stinkers. and then there's our little calm drake that just sneaks in next to our girl when the other two are fighting. smart duck! haha. i've almost got my mom saying yes to hatching! almost there!! almost there!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by