Please help ID this Beauty

@The Moonshiner. Thanks for the wisdom. I will put this in my mental rolodex. Oh, I'm showing my age again. No one says "rolodex" anymore. But I see what you are saying. Can not the shanks also be slate color?
I'd rather hear rolodex then spreadsheet so it's all good.
I'm trying to think about the shanks. I raise leghorns so it's bright yellow shanks for me. I know it's really hard to keep black wash off my black or black based colors.
I was thinking birchen didn't cause that like extended black does but there's no birchen in leghorns so I have to think back to when I raised BCMs. I'm having trouble remembering. Probably because mine were all the feather legged Marans so it wasn't so obvious.

I'd rather hear rolodex then spreadsheet so it's all good.
I'm trying to think about the shanks. I raise leghorns so it's bright yellow shanks for me. I know it's really hard to keep black wash off my black or black based colors.
I was thinking birchen didn't cause that like extended black does but there's no birchen in leghorns so I have to think back to when I raised BCMs. I'm having trouble remembering. Probably because mine were all the feather legged Marans so it wasn't so obvious.
Gotcha. No worries, I started programming with punch cards. I was killing Pong. LOL. I have a lot to learn about breeds. I grew up with chickens and never thought twice about breed standards. One question, I live in cereal central (Minnesota). What breed would the Kellogg Corn Flake logo be?

Gotcha. No worries, I started programming with punch cards. I was killing Pong. LOL. I have a lot to learn about breeds. I grew up with chickens and never thought twice about breed standards. One question, I live in cereal central (Minnesota). What breed would the Kellogg Corn Flake logo be?
The Kellogg Rooster is based off a Welsummer.
Always broke my heart that he wasn't a brown Leghorn.

Back
Top Bottom