Please help identify - just found in road

wow, that bill is very skinny. Not a mallard, scovie or maybe not even a duck. Is there a pond near by you could scout out? Kinda see whats there as far as critter and such. I have never seen anything that that..............

pop.gif

I wonder if it is a Grebe or a Coot. Both water fowl with narrow bills and unusual webbed feet. I think a chick friend would get it through childhood if you do not have a pond for duck. Interesting find!
lol.png
lol.png

It looks like a Common Merganser. I live near a bird preserve and that's what my bet is. Do you have any wildlife rescue groups near you? They deal with these foundlings all the time, and would most likely provide it with the best opportunity.

He's cute.

I would get it a feather-duster surogate mommy. It looks like a wild fish-eating duck with that skinny beak- not a dabler. For that reason I would avoid getting it a domestic buddy.

He's a cutie!
smile.png

If you have ducks, maybe they could help take care of the little fluff-ball. I don't know if it would be possible to raise him domestically, however. He might need the help of a wildlife center. It would be neat to keep him, though! Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom