Please help identify my chicks breeds...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Echo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Echo

Echo New Egg

Apr 24, 2009
    I got my very first chicks from the local feed store a week and a half ago (I would have ordered specific breeds online, but I could only get my housemate to agree to half a dozen pullets) and was told the yellow ones were leghorns, but I don't think that's accurate. I got four yellowish pullets, one that looks like a chipmunk, one in shades of gray and brown, and a white silkie (that one's easy to identify and just for fun). Breed doesn't matter much as long as they grow up healthy and happy and lay plenty of eggs, but I am curious. Any thoughts?

Monday [pictured] and Tuesday look like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wednesday:
    [​IMG]

Friday [pictured] and Saturday look like this:

[​IMG]

Sunday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Thursday's the silkie.)

Wednesday and Sunday both have puffs of fuzz under their eyes that suggest Easter Eggers to me, but I could easily be wrong.
    Chicks are so cute! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    You're right they look like EEggers to me too. The red one is a RSL the first two I'm not sure on.

3. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I was going to say that Sunday looked like Easter Egger to me. Wednesdays legs look green so i'd say that was one too.

Don't know the others.

4. jeanniejayne

jeanniejayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    mid-Delaware
    VERY nice photos, clear, well positioned, well-lit and focused. Well done! And I know that is not easy with the little ones.

I am a newbie, but think the one with the puffy cheeks could maybe be an Ameracauna. The chipmonk coloring, yes EE, but my Welsumers also looked like that. Good luck! They all look healthy and happy! [​IMG] I just got my first chicks a couple months ago and it is amazing how quickly they grow! The whole family is enjoying thier antics immensely, and yours will too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by