please help identify my duck

lululinda2

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Can some one please help identify my duck. Not sure if it is male or female or what breed it is. It was a cute duckling & turned into a prettier duck. Please help.
it is hard to tell in the picture but it has a dark green tint to the head, neck, and parts of the body, also blue like color under the wings.

Males have the drake feather. One or two of the tail feathers will curl which is known as the drake feather just in case no one knew what it was :)

I knew about the drake feather (well at least knew about it) but I never even thought of it in my excitement over some secret-squirrel way of knowing with Cayugas!
lol.png

BTW, at what age do the drakes start showing the drake-feather?

Oh lol what I've noticed is if drakes can't be sexed by color they can be sexed by the curl although I think all drakes have the curl though. At about 9 weeks I think. Its been awhile since I've seen them come in so not totally accurate on that I think anywhere between 9 and 12 weeks depending on the breed and the individual.

ahhh, very cool. I have to keep an eye on Mose for those feathers. The 4-pack is 9 weeks now so maybe something...

And the drake feather is all drakes, right. My Runner will have it at some point?

Back
Top Bottom