Please help identify these common chicks.

AmandaShivonne

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
I bought my second batch of chicks from a feed store a couple weeks ago and would love help identifying! I remember they seemed common when the sales clerk pointed the breeds out on a poster, but with three kids anxious to get our new babies home, I didn't retain the names! I know we have a female barred rock and two buff orpingtons, one of which I am afraid is a roo due to his slow feather development compared to the rest. I *think* the red one is a red star. I would love the name of the black and white chick and the brown striped one
I remember the black and white chick is all black in adult form. Thanks for your help! (Sorry for the bad photo, they are terrified of my camera)

The white and black one is definitely an australorp. I'm 95% sure the brown striped one is a speckled sussex, and the red one could be a red star as you said, or maybe rhode island or new hampshire red, or sex link. Blonde ones maybe buff orpington? I have no idea about the other black one im sorry

The white and black one is definitely an australorp. I'm 95% sure the brown striped one is a speckled sussex, and the red one could be a red star as you said, or maybe rhode island or new hampshire red, or sex link. Blonde ones maybe buff orpington? I have no idea about the other black one im sorry
The other one looks like a Barred Rock or male BSL. The black with white dot on its head.

Back
Top Bottom