please help if you can!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chic4me12, Nov 3, 2012.

1. chic4me12

chic4me12 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2012
    i have 2 hens 1 rooster, and 6 5 week old chicks,my yellow hen
    and the black one are loosing their feathers, the golden hen cut her foot on the screen in chicken coop, what
    can i use? they eat scratch and laying feed, and grit too. hay is in the chicken coop. looking for pooper catcher for under perch, incoop. theyr abt 2years or 2/1/2, old. no bleeding but messy rumps. poop looks ok not messy, far as i can see?.
    what do yall suggest? thank you sheila cheers.

2. if they are loosing feathers, it is probably just a molt. Mine are molting right now. Well, 3 of them, anyways.

3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    [​IMG] Your post is kind of confussing. Injuries can be treated with plain Neosporin. Do you mean you want to put a poop plywood board under the roost to catch poop so, they will stay cleaner?

1 person likes this.
  4. I have 2 hens 1 rooster, and 6-5 week old chicks,my yellow hen and the black one are loosing their feathers, the golden hen cut her foot on the screen in chicken coop, what can i use? they eat scratch and laying feed, and grit too. hay is in the chicken coop. looking for pooper catcher for under perch, in coop. they're about 2 years or 2/1/2, old. no bleeding but messy rumps. poop looks ok not messy, far as i can see?.
    what do y'all suggest? thank you sheila cheers.

5. chic4me12

Nov 2, 2012
    yes, what ever works best. thank you for replying.

6. chic4me12

Nov 2, 2012
    our 2 hens have been like this since weve had them. which product is good for keeping mites and insects out chicken coops, what do you use.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by