1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help! Injured bird just found...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by skamohai, Jan 19, 2016.

1. skamohai

skamohai Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2015
    Big island, Hawaii
    We just found this injured bird in the middle of our road. Her leg seems to be broken. Does anyone know what kind of breed she could be?? She seems to be around 8 weeks old, black comb with some gold around her neck.Very beautiful bird! Also,any suggestions on keeping her on the right road to recovery?!?! Trying to keep her calm and comfy. We have her separated from the rest of our flock...she's in our "hospital" coop. She has been eating and drinking water. It looks as if an animal tried to attack her.No blood tho. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!![​IMG]

2. Briggadane

Briggadane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    It looks like a young roo. Pic is to small for me to see well when I expand for details though.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

considering she was lose and you're in Hawaii, I'm going out on a limb and saying she's one of the feral chickens that run there. No specific breed, probably based on some type of game bird.

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Looks like some sort of game mix.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    pretty pullet

1 person likes this.
  6. skamohai

Oct 14, 2015
    Big island, Hawaii
    Thank you...she is such a sweetheart. What kind of breed do you think she is?

7. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Check out today's Chicken Pic of the Week, she kind of look like that....Blue Andalusian. I would say one of those feral chickens (game birds) running around but her dark leg color & beak is different. Hope you enjoy her cause she is pretty :)

8. skamohai

Oct 14, 2015
    Big island, Hawaii
    Yes, I'm about 99% sure she is a game bird. I have never raised a game breed bird. But she is just the sweetest thing and she has stolen me and my family's hearts.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by