Please help! Injured bird just found...

skamohai

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2015
Big island, Hawaii
We just found this injured bird in the middle of our road. Her leg seems to be broken. Does anyone know what kind of breed she could be?? She seems to be around 8 weeks old, black comb with some gold around her neck.Very beautiful bird! Also,any suggestions on keeping her on the right road to recovery?!?! Trying to keep her calm and comfy. We have her separated from the rest of our flock...she's in our "hospital" coop. She has been eating and drinking water. It looks as if an animal tried to attack her.No blood tho. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

considering she was lose and you're in Hawaii, I'm going out on a limb and saying she's one of the feral chickens that run there. No specific breed, probably based on some type of game bird.

We just found this injured bird in the middle of our road. Her leg seems to be broken. Does anyone know what kind of breed she could be?? She seems to be around 8 weeks old, black comb with some gold around her neck.Very beautiful bird! Also,any suggestions on keeping her on the right road to recovery?!?! Trying to keep her calm and comfy. We have her separated from the rest of our flock...she's in our "hospital" coop. She has been eating and drinking water. It looks as if an animal tried to attack her.No blood tho. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!!

Check out today's Chicken Pic of the Week, she kind of look like that....Blue Andalusian. I would say one of those feral chickens (game birds) running around but her dark leg color & beak is different. Hope you enjoy her cause she is pretty :)

Check out today's Chicken Pic of the Week, she kind of look like that....Blue Andalusian.  I would say one of those feral chickens (game birds) running around but her dark leg color & beak is different.  Hope you enjoy her cause she is pretty :)

Yes, I'm about 99% sure she is a game bird. I have never raised a game breed bird. But she is just the sweetest thing and she has stolen me and my family's hearts.

Back
Top Bottom