Please help injured goose

Lula Belle

Chirping
6 Years
May 30, 2015
Goose was attacked. The vet cleaned him up and gave us some antibiotics. Its been a week now. The wound seems to be healing but now the goose is
"hunchbacked"? He doesn't seem to hold his head up properly and I can't tell if the crop is swollen or its just the position of his neck. He also seems to be walking funny. I'm just not sure what to check for. I have him in an enclosure with a kiddie a pool. He gets in the pool. The wounds seem to be healing ok. They don't smell or anything. Any adivse would be greatly appreciated. I've spent a lot of money at the vet already and just can't afford another trip.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What kind of injury did your gander suffer? If he's walking funny, he may be "guarding" an injury to avoid further pain. If he's eating and pooping normally, I'd consider those positive signs.

Best wishes for his recovery!

What kind of injury did your gander suffer? If he's walking funny, he may be "guarding" an injury to avoid further pain. If he's eating and pooping normally, I'd consider those positive signs.

Best wishes for his recovery!
He was attacked by a predator. He had huge puncture wounds on his neck. I have not seen him eat. I have seen him drink. I am reading where people give their geese lettuce and stuff and mine only eat cracked corn and all flock. I've tried to give them lettuce, fruit etc but they don't eat it. I even bought the dried worms but they don't eat those either. I'd love to give them treats. They are "rescues". I live on the water and had chickens. They needed a home so I took them in. I have grown to love them! They are my pets, not livestock.

He was attacked by a predator. He had huge puncture wounds on his neck. I have not seen him eat. I have seen him drink. I am reading where people give their geese lettuce and stuff and mine only eat cracked corn and all flock. I've tried to give them lettuce, fruit etc but they don't eat it. I even bought the dried worms but they don't eat those either. I'd love to give them treats. They are "rescues". I live on the water and had chickens. They needed a home so I took them in. I have grown to love them! They are my pets, not livestock.
You can try adding treats to their water, geese love to mess with anything in their water and that’s the best way to get them to try new things, he may be feeling sicker because he hasn’t been eating, you can try soaking his all flock in water to make soup, it’ll encourage him to eat.

Back
Top Bottom