Please help is this a guinea???

They don't lay until the following spring after they hatch, at least that is what I have read. They are seasonal layers and lay spring through fall. My guineas are only 2 months so I don't really know anything more than what I have found on the net. Hopefully someone else can give us some more info
smile.png

Last edited:
My sister got her guineas in early June, and they have a communal nest with over 30 eggs in it. We were told that they wouldn't start laying until next Spring, but apparently they didn't get the memo
lau.gif

I can't say for sure either, we got our original 3 guineas close to fall, so she didn't lay til the following spring. Then she would lay eggs, near the duck house, the chicken house, in the middle of the front yard - it was like ooh I feel an egg coming, let's drop it where I'm standing! Until she decided to set, then she made a nest and laid them all in one spot, but that was close to fall too, so the babies didn't lay til the following spring either.
Last years female does the same thing.. a random egg here and there. I don't know if yours are in a pen or not, but if not you may want to go on an egg hunt :D

Look at the feet,they look awfully light for a keet. Look at gourdladys pic and see how orange her keets feets
big_smile.png
are. This is how I was told you can tell.
That's right. I remember when we got our original guineas their legs look like an orange crayons. Couldn't believe how orange they were!

Yeah all the signs point towards them not being keets! I guess I will just have to order some guinea eggs and start up the bator probably order some other eggs as well since I have the bator running anyways right lol my hubby is gonna kill me

Yeah all the signs point towards them not being keets! I guess I will just have to order some guinea eggs and start up the bator probably order some other eggs as well since I have the bator running anyways right lol my hubby is gonna kill me
oooh this is how it starts....Yay!!!
Believe it or not the hubbies get to the point of just shaking their heads and accepting it. :D
Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom