Please help! Janoel 12 incubator.

I have this incubator. If you live in a fairly humid place, you dont need to add any water until lockdown. When i used mine 3 weeks ago, it was pretty dry (humidity wise) here and i had to keep adding quite a bit, especially at the end. Since you are so early in your incubation, I would carefully take the eggs, place them in a warm towel or blanket and dry your inky out completely. Then quickly and carefully put them back. Then just keep an eye out a couple times a day to check humidity. If it is too low, just add a few drops. (I use a straw and syringe snd add it through the vent hole making sure not to wet the eggs) But if there is no water in it anywhere and it is still reading high, you might need to find a drier room to incubate the eggs. It doesn't take much to raise the humidity in this inky, but i did notice this time it does tend to lose moisture fairly quickly in a dry environment. Come lockdown i just filled the entire bottom to maintain near 70%.

Also BE CAREFUL to place the post in the egg turner if you take off the lid to candle or anything. It is easy to accidentally miss and hit an egg, been there, done that. Heartbreaking.

It is a decent inky. It does a pretty good job. I would also try a baby thermometer to check temp. 40.0C is really too high unless cockatiels need it higher. I set mine at 37.5 or.6.
Hope this helps.

When can I open them? Start feeding them? Do I keep them in the incubator or move them somewhere else?

Once on lockdown, you really should avoid opening until the last one hatches. When placing on lockdown use a non slip surface such as those grippers that you can cut and put under things to keep it from slipping, like a throw rug...i dont know what they are called.....but you can cut it to size. Or a washcloth is what i use, and take out the turner and place the eggs on the cloth or you can cut an egg cartons lid off and place them inside that. A dozen carton does fit yours. As they hatch, they will either climb out to dry, or find an empty hole and rest while they dry. You can leave them in for 24 hours with no ill effect. They survive on the yolk their bodies absorbed at the last moment. Their cheeping also helps encourage the others. They will sleep a lot the first day. Sometimes it will freak you out when they look like a bear rug thrown on the floor and dead, but really they are resting.

I have this incubator. If you live in a fairly humid place, you dont need to add any water until lockdown. When i used mine 3 weeks ago, it was pretty dry (humidity wise) here and i had to keep adding quite a bit, especially at the end. Since you are so early in your incubation, I would carefully take the eggs, place them in a warm towel or blanket and dry your inky out completely. Then quickly and carefully put them back. Then just keep an eye out a couple times a day to check humidity. If it is too low, just add a few drops. (I use a straw and syringe snd add it through the vent hole making sure not to wet the eggs) But if there is no water in it anywhere and it is still reading high, you might need to find a drier room to incubate the eggs. It doesn't take much to raise the humidity in this inky, but i did notice this time it does tend to lose moisture fairly quickly in a dry environment. Come lockdown i just filled the entire bottom to maintain near 70%.

Also BE CAREFUL to place the post in the egg turner if you take off the lid to candle or anything. It is easy to accidentally miss and hit an egg, been there, done that. Heartbreaking.

It is a decent inky. It does a pretty good job. I would also try a baby thermometer to check temp. 40.0C is really too high unless cockatiels need it higher. I set mine at 37.5 or.6.
Hope this helps.

I’m running this incubator right now and it is winter and pretty dry here. It doesn’t take much to raise up the humidity adding just a few ml with a syringe like you said. I do find it dries up fairly quickly tho and I’m worried about lockdown and keeping it up throughout the night. Have you added anything to ensure humidity stays stable in this unit? I wondered if a sponge in the bottom would work or if you have other ideas from experience? Thank you!

Have you added anything to ensure humidity stays stable in this unit? I wondered if a sponge in the bottom would work or if you have other ideas from experience?
I have heard ( and know people) who do use sponges in the incubator. I think it would be a very worthwhile attempt at stabilizing the humidity. Please post the results on this particular inky if you do try it. Would love to know as im going to start setting my serama eggs soon!

I have heard ( and know people) who do use sponges in the incubator. I think it would be a very worthwhile attempt at stabilizing the humidity. Please post the results on this particular inky if you do try it. Would love to know as im going to start setting my serama eggs soon!

So I did try the sponges and it works great. I cut up two small rectangles that fit along the side where the turner slides over to but small enough that it’s not touching or hindering the turner. I did one on each side to even out the humidity but not sure if that’s necessary. I add 10-15ml (I use a little kids Tylenol measuring cup) to the side when I see the humidity lowering. I just open the side a bit and pour it on the sponge. It held much steadier doing this and didn’t dry up or fluctuate as much.

At lockdown I put a small mason jar at the back under the vent so that if I need to add water I can put a straw through the vent and syringe into the jar. I put a piece of sponge in the jar and filled the jar half full of water. It’s holding perfectly steady throughout the night! I put that shelf liner stuff on the base and wrapped it around jar too in case eggs are bopping around.

I’ll share a pic. This is my first ever hatch and not sure if there’s any chicks or not since we did lose power one night and temps were fluctuating another night...but good to know that this set up seems to work!

Attachments

• A80DAD01-CEF8-4D23-B805-7FA25E696693.jpeg
    A80DAD01-CEF8-4D23-B805-7FA25E696693.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 16
It held much steadier doing this and didn’t dry up or fluctuate as much.
Wonderful news! Will definitely try this!
At lockdown I put a small mason jar at the back under the vent so that if I need to add water I can put a straw through the vent and syringe into the jar. I put a piece of sponge in the jar and filled the jar half full of water. It’s holding perfectly steady throughout the night! I put that shelf liner stuff on the base and wrapped it around jar too in case eggs are bopping around.
Brilliant idea!

Back
Top Bottom