PLEASE HELP Lice infestation

I'm not sure but according to the article I linked you might be able to ask the pharmacist for a product that would work too.

I use cat flea shampoo on my rescue chickens. I wash them, let the shampoo stay on for a few minutes and rinse well. Washing the allows me to give the birds a good inspection and allow me to see if there are any other issues with the newcomer. I blow dry them or allow them to air dry if the weather is warm. Always treat your coop and run area with a chicken approved area spray several folks here have already recommended good products. Saturate with area and let it dry. Just remember when dealing with lice or any other ecto parasite is that you need to treat the area the chickens are living in. Remove all bedding burn it or double bag it and get it off your property immediately. Replace old roosts with new roosts. As mentioned give the coop and run a thorough spraying. Make sure all surfaces are dry and the area well ventilated before allowing the chickens to return. Afterwards be sure to keep up good sanitary practices such as removing feces on a routine basis.

I use cat flea shampoo on my rescue chickens. I wash them, let the shampoo stay on for a few minutes and rinse well. Washing the allows me to give the birds a good inspection and allow me to see if there are any other issues with the newcomer. I blow dry them or allow them to air dry if the weather is warm. Always treat your coop and run area with a chicken approved area spray several folks here have already recommended good products. Saturate with area and let it dry. Just remember when dealing with lice or any other ecto parasite is that you need to treat the area the chickens are living in. Remove all bedding burn it or double bag it and get it off your property immediately. Replace old roosts with new roosts. As mentioned give the coop and run a thorough spraying. Make sure all surfaces are dry and the area well ventilated before allowing the chickens to return. Afterwards be sure to keep up good sanitary practices such as removing feces on a routine basis.
I have washed one and that seemed to work but it was quite a job hair drying her, I don't think I could with our new ones as they are quite nervy, I hope the ivermectin works!

If you are in the UK and cannot get permethrin products, you can use oral or pour-on topical ivermectin to kill lice and mites. Your vet may have a suggestion.
Where would you buy Ivermectin? It is very popular these days as a treatment for humans for Covid 19 (off label), and I wondered if that has made it difficult to buy.

Back
Top Bottom