please help me for answer my question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cssfrm, Jan 29, 2017.

1. cssfrm

cssfrm New Egg

Jan 29, 2017
    indonesia
    I have one rooster pekin bantam silky and one hen[​IMG] Polish. What if both the chicken I crossbreed ??? does anyone understand? Please help me. Thanks for any information.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    You'd get chickens that have a crest, but not nearly the size of the normal Polish crest. I had a batch of half Polish hatch out last August. Thank goodness only one is a cockerel. Have to say that he's the ugliest chicken I have ever seen with his thin messy crest.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! You would just have cross bred chicks and with your roo already been cross bred it's hard to predict what kind of chicks you would end up with. I crossed a frizzle polish with a hybrid hen and the resulting chicks were very unique in their appearance with only a very limited crest and not the vaulted skull that a pure bred polish has.

Good luck if you do decide to hatch some of these eggs and enjoy BYC :frow

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cssfrm [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice/responses I will just add best wishes to you and your flock.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!
    As noted above, it is difficult to predict just what would come of your proposed cross - and it is likely that even within the same clutch from this pairing you would end up with a variety of final outcomes in appearance, with different degrees of cresting, overall plumage pattern, etc- the only sure way to determine what you get is to go ahead and hatch out a batch or two of chicks, but be sure you have a plan in place for what to do with all the resulting birds before you set those eggs.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck with your crossbreeding efforts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by