Please help me, Hen or Roo??

#2 and #3 are real nice looking
droolin.gif

Sometimes it is hard to tell. If these chickens are two or three months old, the first one looks like a rooster, the second and third look like hens. I can't really tell from the picture of the fourth. Does it have a rose comb or a single comb?

Well I don't know what you'd call it, they all 4 came from the same hen house. It is a mixed breed and I always thought mixes were called EE's?

The forth one has a rose comb.

Quote:
nope,, EE's are mixes,, but not all mixes are EE's,,, she has green legs,, and will lay a greenish to blueish egg.

edit: ta add,,,, and the same breed hen as yuour first roo, is behind the roo,, their both looking like BO's,,, she has a WAY smaller comb, and stature then him.

Last edited:
# 4 is a pretty chicken. The tail feathers look more like a hen. I think I would call it a hen at least two or three more weeks.

Thank you, that's what I was hoping for cuz I already went out and got his transport cage ready for tomorrow.

He is a pretty bird but 1 roo is quite enough for me and he may not stay if he doesn't learn to be alittle more gentle with the ladys.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom