please help me I am begging you turkey vrs. dog

You definitely need to keep the flies away. They will lay eggs in the wound and you will have maggots to contend with. This killed my hen last year because I didn't notice they were there until too late. Either spray him with fly repellent (for horses) or keep him in a fly free place.

Good luck. I hope he makes a full recovery.

yippiechickie.gif

SWAT and FLYS OFF are both wound ointments that also contain an insecticide. THey are exactly the same product; one is marketed for horses, the other for dogs. I never can remember which is which. Anyways, wash the wound daily, reapply neosporin and then on top put a thin layer of one of these products. If he will leave it alone, you can loosely bandage with a gauze dressing, but the wound definitely needs to get oxygen.

thanks you all for your kind words but turkey died this mourning about 10 am he just laied his head down and quit. My 10 yo was so happy he was alive this am when she went to school. I went back and checked on him his breathing was really slow. Thanks for all your help I would be lost without you all.
he was so wonderful to us bless his little heart.

So sorry. It sounded for all the world like his wounds were minor. I feel really bad for you and your family. Now, pick yourselves up and get another one. Unfortunately, losses are part of farm life, even if it`s just a backyard farm. Farm kids deal with death much better than city kids, but the first few can be brutal. My prayers are with you.......Pop

Oh I really thought he was doing better. I am so sorry. This is the part about having animals i hate so much, when we lose them. So So Very Sorry.

So, so sorry! I hope your little girl is ok. It is the worst part of having animals! But she got to have him for a while which was better than never having him at all.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom