Please help me identify my goat's breed!

ktgarner

Hatching
7 Years
May 28, 2012
I purchased this beauty when she was 3 days old and now she is almost three months old. She weighs about 24lbs, is all white expect a black strip that goes across her head, two black eyes and half her nose is black. She also has big floppy ears. As you can see she has a very round and short muzzle, no horns but does have little nubs under the skin. Her sister (at least we were told it was her sister) did have horns and was all brown. She has turned into my best friend! I was told she was part Boer but I'm just not sure. Everyone keeps telling me they think she is Nubian. I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying her breed as I would like to get her a playmate but want the same breed. THANKS!!!!

Last edited:
I would say that she is a Boer cross. The white body with color on the head is a dead giveaway for Boer breeding. It's hard to tell in that picture, but to me her ears do not look long enough to show any amount of Nubian blood - I'm not saying that she doesn't have any back there at all, but I would be willing to bet that she isn't half Nubian anyway. She's definitely a cutie!

I have added a few more pictures, I know it was hard to get a good look at her (Oreo, hence the black stripe on her head). I was raised with animals coming out my ears to show for 4H but never a goat. I got this one for my daughter but since I bottle feed her and spend more time with her she is my shadow. I never thought I could ever become so attached!

Boer mix, looks like with some kind of large dairy goat. Super cute
thumbsup.gif

I got her and 2 babys at an auction and we don't know what she is I have seen pics of goats that looks like her but they didn't have the name of them so I don't know what she is so if any one know what she is please contact me

Back
Top Bottom