Please help me identify Rodney's breed

HEY-HERE'S A THOUGHT!! I'M GOING TO DISNEY ON DEC. 18---YOU CAN HAVE ONE OF MY ROOSTERS!! I'll bring one..or two!!
But seriously.....that stinks that he took off. I really hope he makes his rounds. Something may have scared him off enough to be really cautious about coming back........I hope he does:fl
Sorry:hugs

Calling animal control is not a bad idea, if Rodney has not shown back up yet. Also, you might check with your neighbors, some people dont like roosters, or worse think that unwanted animals are perfectly legit outlets for thier cruelty. But if they know the bird is owned, they not only might call you, but also leave the poor animal alone. It also might be helpful to let your neighbors know you have chickens in case they ever get out on you as well! They are mischievous little critters!

As to letting your ladies out, I would go ahead, sprinkle some scratch around somewhere where you dont mind them digging about, and they will roam around and find all the bugs and lizards in your yard. Mine respect a 4 ft boundary fence that we have, but they also have lots to keep them entertained. How big is your yard? Any dogs next door that might hop the fence? Cats? Without Rodney, your ladies may be vulnerable.....

Good Luck!

yes there are animals around. dogs no but neighborhood cats yes. that was another reason i like having the roo! and he didn't make much noise either!

that makes me afraid to get another roo. i don't want the neighbors ticked off at crowing in the early morning.

omelette'smom: are your roo's noisy LOL. have any pics?

rodney where are you? =P

My 2 nhreds are loud and crow like normal cock a doodle doo-my two red sex link goo "ERR-ERR" like they have colds and my blue cochin bantum is mad at the world and tells everyone to ooh-ohh! I have too many but they are "brothers" so they don't fight....yet! I tried to give 4 of them away once but they got returned. I don't have the heart to cull them. My kids love them so my dh hasn't bailed me out on this either. If your local ordinance says you can have a roo than i would get one! I love them crowing--it's funny!! I would wait a week just in case Rodney comes back!
fl.gif

yeah he's still gone
sad.png

i still got my chic chic chickens though! i finally got to see them go up and roost at sunset. i never saw them in action. so cute!

Back
Top Bottom