Please help me if you know....

Miss Kitty

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
My year an half old Chochin hen has lost weight, she (Lucy), seems very listless the egg that she laid yesterday was only a yolk in a thin membrain now she has spent all day in the coop like she is sick. The milky white of the egg she dropped but it's not an egg and she acts like she's sick. How can I help her. She has food and water but she won't move around much. The other two hens are fine they are in the yard acting normal. Does anyone else out there have a sick chicken and what did you do? I don't want to rush her to the vet (husband thinks I'm over reacting by doing that)(she's a pet) she does have diahrrea - someone please offer some advice. thank you!!

how is her breathing???? any runny eyes?? nose dripping?? coughing?? she laid an egg yesterday(hhmmm)
what is she eatting?? did you give them any "special" treats latly??
could she have fallen off the perch.. how are her puplis? (same size) .. is she cold...

She looks fine just runny poop. Her back area where she lays is heaving in and out like she is trying to lay. But this has been going on now for hours and hours so I am worried about her. She is very listless can't jump on the perch. I did start her on crumbles instead of the pullet big pieces but the other two hens aren't showing the symptoms she is. They are fine. I can't figure out why Lucy is acting so sick.
sad.png
The food change was after this started not before so it's not food. She has water and I saw her drinking it.

Back
Top Bottom