Please help me kill this ermine-nothing is working!

Pics
I had a similar problem with a mink and rabbits. Ended up getting him with a baseball bat, mink will also come out during the day and he happened to be in the hutches when I went to check my traps and the bat was closer than the gun so that's what he got. Huge buck mink. I used ground beef and he loved it, kept coming back and stealing it from the traps. Eventually he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got wacked. Not sure if this guy would like ground beef but he is in the same family so that is a possibility for bait if you have not tried it yet.

Many places have laws against relocating.
We are rural on a dead end road. People have relocated their critters around here. Here it is legal if you get permission from the person who owns the property where the person wants to release at. No one ever asked my permission. Someone once left a baby goose at the end of my road. Unbelievable. I got it and took it to a friend who wanted a goose.

I had a similar problem with a mink and rabbits. Ended up getting him with a baseball bat, mink will also come out during the day and he happened to be in the hutches when I went to check my traps and the bat was closer than the gun so that's what he got. Huge buck mink. I used ground beef and he loved it, kept coming back and stealing it from the traps. Eventually he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got wacked. Not sure if this guy would like ground beef but he is in the same family so that is a possibility for bait if you have not tried it yet.
I see mink fairly frequently as part of my work. They are out during the day a lot and not particularly weary. The weasels are not as apparent, but they seem to operate during the day a lot at well.

I see mink fairly frequently as part of my work. They are out during the day a lot and not particularly weary. The weasels are not as apparent, but they seem to operate during the day a lot at well.
Seeing them and trapping them are two different things.
E678340D-FE3D-4ADB-99A5-0CD04CBF21CD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom