Please help me my rooster

Yes I'm you guys I'm watching him breathe he is taking long breaths in and letting them out he's still purple but not as purple he's eating drinking crowing having his way with his girls but I really really think is that he has got a breathing problem there's no rattling no drainage he is my very first I got four chickens 4 that they thought we're going to pass away because they were little little and I wanted them because they needed extra care and he is the only one that survived and he he pushed to make it and he's funky outgoing funny loving and it is my place to see that he has a good life and his well-being is taken care of I tried to contact Avery vet in North Georgia no one would see him everyone talks to me like he's poultry like he's just a chicken but he's my fam all my boys are grown and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I gave it all to all 20 have my babies please you guys if anybody knows anywhere in North Georgia that I can talk to get antibiotics I will drive where I need to or is there something I can do at home
I'm sorry I just don't really know how to use this. And get lost I'm sorry I would have answered sooner if I'd known you had sent me a message

Yes I'm you guys I'm watching him breathe he is taking long breaths in and letting them out he's still purple but not as purple he's eating drinking crowing having his way with his girls but I really really think is that he has got a breathing problem there's no rattling no drainage he is my very first I got four chickens 4 that they thought we're going to pass away because they were little little and I wanted them because they needed extra care and he is the only one that survived and he he pushed to make it and he's funky outgoing funny loving and it is my place to see that he has a good life and his well-being is taken care of I tried to contact Avery vet in North Georgia no one would see him everyone talks to me like he's poultry like he's just a chicken but he's my fam all my boys are grown and I will do everything in my power to make sure that I gave it all to all 20 have my babies please you guys if anybody knows anywhere in North Georgia that I can talk to get antibiotics I will drive where I need to or is there something I can do at home

The purple comb is not really an emergency or illness always. Several of my roosters get purple combs but they all change color to red again. Is your roosters comb red again now? It is good news he is acting normal. But maybe we can figure out why your other chickens died and prevent this one from dying. Do you know why the others died?

What do you feed him? Does he free range or is he caged?
Is his crop full at night?
What does the crop feel like when he goes to bed, is the texture hard or soft? Watery or dry?
Is his crop empty in the morning?

I'm watching him breathe he is taking long breaths in and letting them out he's still purple but not as purple he's eating drinking crowing having his way with his girls but I really really think is that he has got a breathing problem there's no rattling no drainage he is my very first I got four chickens 4 that they thought we're going to pass away because they were little little and I wanted them because they needed extra care
You mention you needed to clean out the nostrils. Does he have mucous in his nostrils, any lesions or yellow pasty material inside his beak, coughing/sneezing?

If possible, can you take a sample of his poop to your vet for testing of worms?
Is his crop emptying overnight?

Not sure what's going on with him, if he's moving about eating/drinking and mating, then I'm just not sure.
I understand you are concerned. Can you get a video of his actions so we can see more of what's concerning you? For video, upload to youtube or similar platform, then provide us a link.

I'm not seeing anything that sets off alarms with me. His comb is a good color and he looks alert. I've lost roosters to heart/respiratory problems before due to Marek's and trust me, when they say those combs and wattles turn blue, they turn BLUE to the point that they are almost black.

We want to help you, we just need a bit more to go on, pls?

a picture would be nice, it could be a mixed breed possibly? Did it turn purple or was it purple for it all? Some chickens just have other colored features, of course, nonetheless, it could be a problem.
IMG_20211202_094854221_HDR.jpg

The purple comb is not really an emergency or illness always. Several of my roosters get purple combs but they all change color to red again. Is your roosters comb red again now? It is good news he is acting normal. But maybe we can figure out why your other chickens died and prevent this one from dying. Do you know why the others died?

What does the crop feel like when he goes to bed, is the texture hard or soft? Watery or dry?
I feed him the Purina pellets from Tractor Supply I haven't lost a chicken yet or rooster I mean I lost those babies that we're like two days old and he was the only one that survived out of the four that I got from Tractor Supply right now I'm going to insert a video to you and it'll let you know what his cone looks like now his crop I've I really honestly I've never noticed if it was hard or softer cuz he's never had a problem he's eating drinking it does sometimes get red again but for the most part it's it's a purple color and last night it was blue and it was like he couldn't stand up he was falling right to left and I won't insert another photo that I'll just take nail so you guys can see the color of his cone while he's asleep I've been taking pictures and videos all day if I can sneak up on him without waking him up I'll try to get his breathing and let you guys see if it may be something I should worry about thank you all for the help I'm new to chickens but I'm in it for the Long Haul

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_094854221_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211202_094854221_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I feed him the Purina pellets from Tractor Supply I haven't lost a chicken yet or rooster I mean I lost those babies that we're like two days old and he was the only one that survived out of the four that I got from Tractor Supply right now I'm going to insert a video to you and it'll let you know what his cone looks like now his crop I've I really honestly I've never noticed if it was hard or softer cuz he's never had a problem he's eating drinking it does sometimes get red again but for the most part it's it's a purple color and last night it was blue and it was like he couldn't stand up he was falling right to left and I won't insert another photo that I'll just take nail so you guys can see the color of his cone while he's asleep I've been taking pictures and videos all day if I can sneak up on him without waking him up I'll try to get his breathing and let you guys see if it may be something I should worry about thank you all for the help I'm new to chickens but I'm in it for the Long Haul

Back
Top Bottom