Please help me TSC chicks

newbie29

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Ok i got these about a month and a half ago from TSC. The bin just said chicks 1.00 ea nothing about the breed or anything. The lady said they MIGHT be comets but she was not sure.
Picture144.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture143.jpg

I know that they are not the greatest pics I will try to get some better ones tomorrow.
Thanks

They look like Gold Comets, but since they are white, that means they are all roosters .

But in the second picture, the two with their faces in the corner of the fence and bricks, those look to have more of a pullet head so if those two are pullets, then I think they are Amber Links. Can you get a close up of those two's heads ? But the others are roos for sure though.

I will go out in the morning and get some better pics of them.. I thought those 2 looked more like pullets too.
Thanks

Where are you from if you dont mind me asking ? I dont know much about Amber links as we dont have many here in the US, I think the Amber Links are mainly in the UK. I just know that both sexes are white like that with gold leakage.

I live in Pa. I was hoping for pullets but kinda figured they would all be roos. One of them has a different color feet then the rest if that helps any.

OK See if you can get some more pics tomorrow and maybe we can tell better. I added what I believe is a correction to that Amberlink thread as to what breeds make them.

Your chicks look just like a bunch that I was given that had come from TSC. They were also the $1.00 chicks. the person that got them for me said he was told that they were Amberlinks also. I have read evrything that I can find on this breed, (which is not much) so far I have found the pullets to be very sweet natured, the roosters however I have had a bit of a contest of wills with. I have 11 total with 6 pullets and 5 roosters. One rooster seemd to be top dog so far and gets mad if I so much as touch a hen! has anyone had experience with them after they start laying? How about setting eggs?

Back
Top Bottom