Please help me

Thanks to all who helped. I think I found the problem. I set up incubator two full days before I set any eggs and calibrated everything. Checked for accuracy. I just put a thermostat in and two more hydrometers that I knew were accurate before because I tested them. Now the temp says constant but thermometer inside is reading 105 deg and the other two hydro says 85%. I’m pretty upset at this since I spent so much time testing. I had calibrated 7 hydrometers and 5 thermostats. And only out 2% and bang on with temp. However if temp was high then why were eggs all alive and proper weights for lock down? I’m frustrated even more now. Maybe tomorrow I’ll crack them open and see
are you hatching in same incubator, that was my biggest problem , The incubator would freak out and fry them during lock down, got another one that wasn't so negative when i upped the humidity for hatching at lock down and set it up 24 hours before needing itand went from 0-2 no matter how many eggs I put in and trying to stay awake 3 days to watch for the spikes to an 83% hatch rate, don't give up hope, these wonderful people talked me through a few failed hatches and helped figure otu what it was that was going on with them

elevation can affect hatch rate too, I am high elevation and have to leave the plugs out or vents open from day 1.did conversion of temps online as we use Fahrenheit here and the incubator was in Celsius, and was 37.5 C for incubation to get the best hatch rate ran 25-30% humidity until lock down then upped it to 65-70%. It has them rolling on sides like they would naturally too, I found upright does not work at my elevation. just some things to think about.
Last time I used upright and it worked good. I liked it. I’m just not sure why everything said stable and yet it wasn’t. Was great for 18 days. All good and moving well. All in limits and weights and air-sac size. I think they are all dead. I’ve spent so much time and energy. Thing is they were doing good till lockdown. The more I learn the less I know. I will try again.

get another one for hatching out then , if you can get one without digital display I had to do that even using hovobators

well doesn't have to be a hovebator, even in the cheaper ones I incubate in one and hatch out in another, then just transfer them to the other to hatch, other one for hatching is either really well sealed or non digital, a lot of them don't do well when you increase the humidity and kill your hatch on lockdown

Back
Top Bottom