Please help my Guinea pig

I'm sure they suffer from all kinds of diseases and illnesses like all animals do. Not much you can do without taking it to a vet unfortunately.

Here is a list of common illnesses and symptoms, but as said above the only way to properly diagnose is to take it to a vet, respiratory infections are quite common and your symptoms point that direction but without a culture test and trained ear to listen to the lungs this can't be verified...

http://www.guinealynx.info/emergency.html

Last edited:
I agree with taking her into a vet for diagnosis. Respiratory problems and gastric stasis are common problems in Guinea pigs, but can only be treated and diagnosed by a veterinarian in person.

Thanks she ate a little bit of a carrot this afternoon and some grass and hay this morning and was just up walking around a bit so we'll see how she is in the morning and I just got some more baby chicks from tractor supply so if there is something that could spread to them should I put them in another room

Well could it be a vitamin c thing as they don't get it every day but it's been like that since day one they get apples, blood oranges and stuff for vitamin c

Well could it be a vitamin c thing as they don't get it every day but it's been like that since day one they get apples, blood oranges and stuff for vitamin c

If you are feeding them a commercial guinea food as well as a mix of fresh fruits and vegetables as you claim, I highly doubt it's a vitamin C deficiency as the commercial food is heavily supplemented and the fresh fruits and veggies provide even more...

Back
Top Bottom