Please help. My sweet chick is four weeks old and has some sort of neck tumor!

Pics

Amy Carter

Songster
Nov 10, 2017
MA/NH border
E3EED922-0FFE-4B83-B5C0-AE1FED777930.jpeg Please help. It’s a Sunday afternoon, no hope of get how do I help? This is a pic after bath

Here is a zoomed in pic. It’s on the left side of her neck (like way to the side not a shifted crop.)
It’s very puffed out and stretched out. There’s no definitive spot of origin. Like there are oozy spots but it could be where the feather tubes were getting pinched from pressure. I hold her every day so this game on quickly or I would’ve noticed sooner

Attachments

• 89A92C3B-C46B-42B4-9D39-BAF3A78985C8.jpeg
    89A92C3B-C46B-42B4-9D39-BAF3A78985C8.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 54
It does look like some sort of abscess. If you can afford it, you might want to look into taking her to the vet. Abscesses are pockets of pus that will likely pop if they don't get lanced. Then you have infection introduced into the bird which would requre antibiotics to clear it up. Unfortunately, not a lot of vets will treat chickens.

Bath?. . .Bath? Who had the bath? You or the chicken? I've never given a chicken a bath in my very long life. Anyway, this looks very painful and serious. Looks like it's been developing for some time. Obviously it's infected, which is not good. I'm sure this bird is in a lot of pain. You may have to cull it if you can't afford a vet, if you can find a vet that will see chickens. I hate to see the poor thing suffering. Good luck, let us all know what happens. :fl

It really isn’t the crop area it’s the back left. And it doesn’t seem fluid filled more like dense flesh. Not to be a weirdo,but like the consistency of a hot dog.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
That's actually a good description. The more information you can provide, the more able people are to help you.

Back
Top Bottom