Please help not sure what's wrong Bumble foot? broken leg? Injuries from fighting/ predator attack?

Pics
Hi everyone I forgot to give the final update.

I tried and tried to get in touch with the lab to send off this rooster's body unfortunately I never heard back from them and after a week we burned his body(which had been bagged in our refrigerator) in our purpose built rocket stove just in case of contagion.

With Marek's known to be in our flock (knock on wood we haven't lost any birds from it at all this year- maybe even a full year unless Marek's did this to this rooster) I worry. If anything similar happens again I won't wait for them to send me a shipping label etc I'll drive the bird's body there and they'll find me at the door knocking.

We brought approximately 100 birds birds through the winter last year and had no unusual losses except one. He was an oegb rooster that was of an unknown age but was pretty old and one night he just fell off the roost, passed peacefully in his sleep. The coop was nice and warm and he had no growths or any symptoms. I believe it was just his time.

We have had a couple girls this year that we weren't expecting a peritonitis and a second a likely internal layer but we don't know for sure on her. Then again she was never quite right. The peritonitis was an 18 month old hen that had an egg break inside her 2 months ago and never layed again. The other girl was 18-24 month old hen that was not ever quite right mentally. She was a pet and I chose not to meddle, it was a miracle she survived at all.

Other than that all of our losses this year have been predator related.

The point being whatever went on with that rooster that eventually seemed to be throughout his body hasn't affected any other birds but we never got our answers. Something that I hate but sometimes we never get answers.

If anyone comes across a similar case or knows what happened or what caused the problem please post it here.

I would love to know of there is any other information that might help give me answers but more importantly help others in the future. Remembering back there was a few similar cases that I saw but none of them seemed to have any of the answers; they all seemed to be dead ends.

If anyone else would like to see more photos I still have them and even have photos that weren't posted here. Because everything was so odd I took many photos hopefully sometime I can find someone that would be willing to look at them and maybe get some answers.

Back
Top Bottom