Please help, once lovely pullet being aggressi

What colour and shape is your watch? Any bling on it?
What is a fitbit? You must excuse me, I'm old and a stranger and as such not familiar with these kind of things.

Edit: I did a google search and this device will show your heartbeat by a pulsating heart and it will show the time of day digitally, the seconds and minutes moving and changing all the time.

So, I imagine that to a chicken this might appear as bugs moving and crawling on your arm, enticing them to peck.
Hehe don’t worry I know the feeling 😆 this is it, as you can see it’s very boring and unless I turn it on the screen stays black and also the backlight is broken so it’s very hard to see anything on it anyway. Maybe the black shiny screen reflects the light… I did wonder if it emitted a high pitched noise I couldn’t her but she could.. I started taking it off before I went in to see them but unfortunately now anyway she has graduated onto just pecking my skin anyway 😟

Attachments

• 4E7D98A3-07A4-47E9-9FAA-3C0E58B686A4.jpeg
    4E7D98A3-07A4-47E9-9FAA-3C0E58B686A4.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 3
Which means it my take longer to 'cure' her.
Stop hand feeding for a few weeks....don't give her the opportunity to peck your person.
Might even have to give her some time outs in a crate.
How long time-outs do you do?

So she definitelyseems to be in dire need of some education, meaning she has to learn to show some respect to you.

Don't handfeed her anymore, walk right through her if she blocks your way and peck her hard enough on her back or back of her head with your fingers, maybe even chase her a bit (take some firm quick steps in her direction to make her give way and leave the scene).
Other than that just ignore her until she is well behaved. or find her a new home like @aart suggested.

It just is not worth it to have her spoiling the fun of chicken keeping for you.
😔 I’ll try pecking her again, I stopped because it just felt like I was hitting her. I’ll work on my peck 😂
I couldn’t get rid of her because she is nice to everyone except me haha. I’ll take the challenge and if I can’t train her I’ll just leave her be. Like I said it’s not every single time I’m near her, sometimes she comes and happily sits in my lap of her own accord. It’s like there is a tiny glitch in her tiny brain.

Can anyone just let me know if you’ve had any success with anything other than pecking and holding down? I’ll try the feather tugging next time too.

You have to think, and behave, like a chicken.
When they are showing dominance to a subordinate, they peck them.
If the sub does not back off they chase a bit and peck some more.
If they really want to show who's boss, they chase down, grab, and peck more seriously(beat the hell out of them).
Ok, I’m going to be the dominant chicken. She went for my flipping SHOE just now so I immediately shut her out on her own. She looked a bit perturbed. I totally see what you mean @aart. I’ll let you know how I get on 😆
it just amazes me because she is a total underdog (underchicken?) with my other chicken, the dominant one. My top chicken will peck her in the head when they’re eating and my bad-chicken will freeze and stand in submission as top chicken eats her fill 🤣 it’s totally different to how she is with me. And top chicken is as gentle as anything with me.

Back
Top Bottom