Please help! Pullet is lethargic and not eating much!

Rock_Me_Amadeus

Hatching
Dec 2, 2020
Hey, guys! First-time owner here! One of our 8-month-old brown leghorn pullets, Chocolate, has been a bit lethargic and inactive. It first started last Friday, when my dad noticed she wasn't moving around or eating much. She would just stand or sit with her eyes closed, and she only laid one super tiny egg that day.
We took her to the vet, where she was examined (vet said she had a completely healthy physical exam) and given fluids and assisted feeding. The vet told us to monitor her, and just give her vitamins and electrolytes. If she got worse, give her another call.

Anyway, she improved and was back to her old self for a few days, but today, she's a bit slower again. When we let the chickens out to play, she kind of just picks one spot and stands there. In the coop, she just stands there with her head tucked backwards. She also hasn't laid any eggs since last week. What could be the problem here? We called the vet's office and left a message, but is there anything else we could be doing right now? Maybe more vitamins or a baby aspirin? Thanks for your help in advance!

I'd give some vitamins and electrolytes. Maybe speak with the vet about an antibiotic.

If it were one of mine, I'd probably give tylan, but I am not a vet, so take that for what it's worth.

Hope your chicken improves.

Hey, guys! First-time owner here! One of our 8-month-old brown leghorn pullets, Chocolate, has been a bit lethargic and inactive. It first started last Friday, when my dad noticed she wasn't moving around or eating much. She would just stand or sit with her eyes closed, and she only laid one super tiny egg that day.
We took her to the vet, where she was examined (vet said she had a completely healthy physical exam) and given fluids and assisted feeding. The vet told us to monitor her, and just give her vitamins and electrolytes. If she got worse, give her another call.

Anyway, she improved and was back to her old self for a few days, but today, she's a bit slower again. When we let the chickens out to play, she kind of just picks one spot and stands there. In the coop, she just stands there with her head tucked backwards. She also hasn't laid any eggs since last week. What could be the problem here? We called the vet's office and left a message, but is there anything else we could be doing right now? Maybe more vitamins or a baby aspirin? Thanks for your help in advance!
members.jpg

I'd give some vitamins and electrolytes. Maybe speak with the vet about an antibiotic.

If it were one of mine, I'd probably give tylan, but I am not a vet, so take that for what it's worth.

Hope your chicken improves.
Hey, thanks for the tips! I'm just waiting for the vet's office to call back, but in the meantime, I could definitely give her some vitamins!

Back
Top Bottom