Please help, quail might die!

Harry637

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2021
I have 2 pet quails. One a female and one a male. The male was fine but when we got them, the female couldnt walk. It has one normal leg, but the other leg can’t stand up, and it just stayed straight and won’t bend. It usually crawls on the floor. I have to feed it with a syringe very often and I will be busier soon so I need to help it before. any help to fix this leg? I can’t take them to the vet now. They have their bedding changed everyday. However, yesterday when they were outside havening some warmth, a blue bird attacked it and made a wound above its beak. We just got them that day. It also stripped its feathers on its right wing. I applied some antispectic cream onto it… but, it is acting weird… it’s eyes are always closed, and it doesn’t move but rather stays in a corner and sits and rests the whole day, clearly breathing slightly hard. It’s a bit bloody.. please help me 🙏 they are only 2 weeks old, I think they need some time to rest since I messed around to try and apply the cream on but I hope I didn’t damage it…
Edit: please look at the video I posted below.
🙏🐾

Last edited:
5CA3DC51-400B-46D0-9E67-52E5171F65D0.jpeg
You can’t see but the other wing is bare. I am not so worried about that as I think it’ll heal up but I am more so worried about the sickly condition of it 😭😭😭

Can you get better pictures? Are they Coturnix?
@Kiki
they’re not. They’re button
she died this morning in her sleep. I think she either died to a mystery sickness or to a leg that doesn’t function. Either way, I’m mourning her death and since I only have 2, I will need to get another female quick or else I heard the male will die of depression

they’re not. They’re button
she died this morning in her sleep. I think she either died to a mystery sickness or to a leg that doesn’t function. Either way, I’m mourning her death and since I only have 2, I will need to get another female quick or else I heard the male will die of depression
I am sorry to hear that :hugs

I'm sorry for your loss. To be honest, though, I don't think your hen was likely to make it with the leg in that condition. You said that you got her like that, so I recommend checking any new birds you get for health before bringing them home.

I'm sorry for your loss. To be honest, though, I don't think your hen was likely to make it with the leg in that condition. You said that you got her like that, so I recommend checking any new birds you get for health before bringing them home.
Ditto!!!!

Back
Top Bottom