Please help, question about eggs.

watergoddess

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 19, 2012
My peahens started to lay but they are laying in a spot that's not very good, it's a ledge... So I had to move them because I was afraid my chickens would accidentally push them off. Will they still sit on them now that I moved them? Should I just bring them in for incubation?

Mine just started laying and they are not laying consisently in the same place, i found one hen laying in 3 different guinea nest , it is like hunting easter eggs here i am up to 21 in the last 2 weeks from my girls but some may not be fertile cause i havn't seen them mating they are only 20 months old.

Sorry got off topic, what i am saying if she just started laying she may lay all over the place and never there again.

Last edited:
Now my chickens thought it would be a good idea to start laying where I placed the peahens eggs. :( I'm getting aggravated at my hens.

My peas have been layiong in my guinea nest when they find one
lau.gif
makes the guines mad i guess cause some of them quit laying in their nest and made a new one, weird cause the chickens lay in their nest all the time, guess they don't like them gian eggs in their nest

My peas have been layiong in my guinea nest when they find one
lau.gif
makes the guines mad i guess cause some of them quit laying in their nest and made a new one, weird cause the chickens lay in their nest all the time, guess they don't like them gian eggs in their nest
My Easter Wild turkey made a nest, but the skunks ate her eggs, so she stole the duck nest... Very silly birds!

My peahens are still laying in that bad spot, I fixed the spot the best I could and returned the eggs I put in the big carrier. When do they start sitting on their eggs? Will they go bad soon?

they never sat to incubate their eggs. I don't know why, what a waste of eggs. i guess next time i just have to do it myself. poo!

Back
Top Bottom