Please Help! Raccoon Problem!!! Click Here!!!!!!!!

Pics
Raccoons are digging under our chicken coop! Yes, raccoons. :mad: :he:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:rantDarn raccoons!!!! They have been extremely persistent. What are fairly cheap products that you use that are affective raccoon repellents? ANY INFO WILL BE WELCOMED, AND APPRECIATED!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
I was an Animal Control Officer for 13 years and when anyone had problems with critters digging under their buildings I always told them to get a bottle of Ammonia put a rag in a can then saturate the rag and leave several of them under and around the area you don't want critters. I used soup cans. But any can will do. Works for me and never had anyone come back saying they still had a problem. You may still have to saturate the rags once in awhile to keep up if you have a persistent problem

What worked for us is using only hardware cloth and digging it in 18 inches underground all the way around the coup. Our coup has plywood on 3 sides, plywood roof and hardware cloth on a wood frame for the fourth side. Hardware cloth dug in 18 inches deep on all 4 sides. Hope that helps. We have attached runs for daytime but at night everyone is inside the coup where wire is dug in. This is only thing that worked for us.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but have your husband pee around the outside of the coop and around the yard a couple of times a week. I've found it keeps raccoons away because they are afraid of humans of course.

Ultimately, however, you need to install a hardware cloth "skirt" around the outside of your coop, on all exposed sides. The skirt should be 2 feet wide and stake it down. They won't be able to dig through it. I'm attaching an image, where if you look closely you can see the skirt that has been installed on this coop.

Good luck!

Lisa carolina-coop-25-1.jpeg

Trapping will only delay the death of a chicken. You catch a few coons, a month or two later a different one will tunnel into the coop. The OP can’t shoot. The OP can’t have dogs running loose. Coons were tunneling under the walls into our coop. I put large pieces of concrete tight against the walls all the way around. I extended the concrete out 2 feet. The coons try to get through the concrete. They have never tunneled under the concrete. It has worked for 3 years. Just large broken pieces of concrete and rock. This works, no question.

Some of the “remedies” I see here might work, but let’s be honest they are overly expensive and not a guarantee.

The only true guarantee a coon won’t kill again is kill it. I know some of you are squirmish about killing,

This article mentions several humane ways to dispatch an animal. They even show a picture of a raccoon.

If a person is unwilling to dispatch, they might find someone willing to do it for them fairly cheaply.

Raccoons are digging under our chicken coop! Yes, raccoons. :mad: :he:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:rantDarn raccoons!!!! They have been extremely persistent. What are fairly cheap products that you use that are affective raccoon repellents? ANY INFO WILL BE WELCOMED, AND APPRECIATED!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
You should improve your coop if digging is the problem.

Must drop at least 10 miles away!maybe leave them with a mound of cat food and near water so they just stay away! Or try the night predator solar lights on Amazon hang at their eye height they flash red like predator eyes. I have had them for years apparently work only an opossum will pass through now and again they don’t bother much if you keep the eggs collected every day.
You'll have to trap them or shoot them or else they'll just keep coming back. No repellent will last long, they'll get used to it and eventually not even care it's there. A live trap is a good option, but you'll have to dispatch them once you catch them, they'll find their way back.

@duluthralphie can help you cook them once you catch em.

Back
Top Bottom