Announcement Please Help & Reply To Unanswered Threads

Pics
I often feel inadequate to answer questions. I'm not really a newbie, but I certainly lack the knowledge and experience of a lot of the folks here have! What I feel I'm good at is asking questions, taking a history - screening, if you will - like the nurse at a doctor's office. Then I can offer some quick reassurance ("help is on the way") and call on someone who can answer those questions and render real aid. As others have said, it would be so helpful if there was a list of who's good at what. For example, i have learned that Pyxis is great at incubation; Kiki specializes in quail; Isaac 07 does ducks; R2Elk is turkeys and guineas; Shadrach is roosters; Eggcessive and Azygous are good with chicken ailments and injuries; Aart is great at chicken husbandry, (and I know there are people who are knowledgeable about genetics and sexing and other areas as well) ... but there are many others that have expertise in each of those areas and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by omission. If I had a list of ALL the people who are good at these various things, I would not have to flag the same people all the time, which is what I feel I'm doing now (apologies to @Eggcessive, @azygous and @aart in particular!). I don't know how such a list would work but it would really be helpful.

I often feel inadequate to answer questions. I'm not really a newbie, but I certainly lack the knowledge and experience of a lot of the folks here have! What I feel I'm good at is asking questions, taking a history - screening, if you will - like the nurse at a doctor's office. Then I can offer some quick reassurance ("help is on the way") and call on someone who can answer those questions and render real aid. As others have said, it would be so helpful if there was a list of who's good at what. For example, i have learned that Pyxis is great at incubation; Kiki specializes in quail; Isaac 07 does ducks; R2Elk is turkeys and guineas; Shadrach is roosters; Eggcessive and Azygous are good with chicken ailments and injuries; Aart is great at chicken husbandry, (and I know there are people who are knowledgeable about genetics and sexing and other areas as well) ... but there are many others that have expertise in each of those areas and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by omission. If I had a list of ALL the people who are good at these various things, I would not have to flag the same people all the time, which is what I feel I'm doing now (apologies to @Eggcessive, @azygous and @aart in particular!). I don't know how such a list would work but it would really be helpful.

I like that idea too, just because after scrolling through all these unanswered threads, I realized a lot of the questions were fairly commonly asked with pretty simple answers, it was just a matter of not seeing it. I think a list would be very helpful for people who don't know anybody who has experience in that area, but not only that newbies would have a list of people they could contact who may be able to answer their question/'s. It would be a matter of compiling a list of people ( I have quite of few people for ducks already) without hurting anybody's feelings if they weren't to be included in the list.

Back
Top Bottom