Please Help!!! Rooster stumbling, no balance, sitting on hocks.

Update:
The good: he can stand, can take a few (stumbling) steps, can spread his little toes, wings work fine, was crowing at 5am, still has an appetite and ate ALL of the egg and yogurt I gave him.
The bad: his comb seems a little paler and a little purplish, and he kept missing the food while trying to eat.

Do his eyes look normal and the same with normal iris color and round pupils? I am so glad that he is up and walking some, and eating some. Please let us know how he is doing again later.

They looked normal yesterday but he is fibromelanistic, so his eyes, even the whites, are so black that it's hard to tell. I'll get a high-powered flashlight and have a look this evening when I get home from work. I know it's probably not the best thing for his eyes, but it's literally the only way I can see any detail in his eyes.

This is him before he was sick
IMG_20191121_160836_613.jpg

One of my roosters acted wobbly like that after he was attacked by another rooster. When I found him he looked almost dead. I penned him up by himself so he wouldn't be killed. I thought he was a goner, but I fed him as much scrambled egg as he could eat, and after a couple of months or so he was back to normal. Really surprised me. Now he runs free and his tormentor is locked up.

One of my roosters acted wobbly like that after he was attacked by another rooster. When I found him he looked almost dead. I penned him up by himself so he wouldn't be killed. I thought he was a goner, but I fed him as much scrambled egg as he could eat, and after a couple of months or so he was back to normal. Really surprised me. Now he runs free and his tormentor is locked up.
Hmmm...I do wonder...
My other rooster, Topaz, spends about 10 minutes chasing everyone around first thing every morning, ESPECIALLY the other cockerels. Could it be an injury??? Perhaps...

Back
Top Bottom