Please Help! Runner Duckling Leg Injury

mego21

Chirping
May 14, 2015
Please help! Is anyone familiar with ducks on here? We had two runner ducks hatch a month and a half ago. I had to assist one in hatching. They were both strong and healthy and running around. We moved them outside a month ago and they were running with my other ducks and doing great. Then a week and a half ago, I noticed that one of them was hobbling around: I thought maybe she injured her leg so I put her aside with her own food and water. I couldn't find any breaks in the bone. And the other leg seemed strong. I had her swim around in our little fishy pool once a day so she got some movement.
There has been no improvements and now it seems that BOTH legs are limp; her "ankles" are stiff and will not bend at all. When she is in the water she will feebly paddle around but stills does not have any control over her feet past her ankles.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am considering culling her soon but I thought I would ask around first... Could it be because I assisted her hatch? Or would that have been apparent from the beginning? Should I give her more time?

Back
Top Bottom