Please help! Should I help hatching?

Ok. Not ready just yet then. Yes, you can apply coconut oil to the membrane. Don't get it on/in the bill though. Use a q-tip to apply it. Don't go overboard, just a small amount.

It’s difficult to make such descision because it means opening up the incubator again. I will raise the humidity before I do so. The temperature has been constant between 99 and 100. The humidity was between 30 and 40 at the start, between 40 and 50 around the end and between 60 and 75 since lockdown. I had a hard time getting it to 70.

It’s difficult to make such descision because it means opening up the incubator again. I will raise the humidity before I do so. The temperature has been constant between 99 and 100. The humidity was between 30 and 40 at the start, between 40 and 50 around the end and between 60 and 75 since lockdown. I had a hard time getting it to 70.
Get a mist bottle and fill it with hot water. If you have to open the incubator mist everything before you close it. This works really well.

You're welcome. Lol!!! It is stressful, but totally worth it when you see those precious little babies break out into the world.

I truly hope so, it’s very sweet to see them fall asleep, they just go down right where they are at that moment. They look dead but fortunately they come instantly alive once they hear something. Thanks for your help! It is very much appreciated 😃👍🏻

I truly hope so, it’s very sweet to see them fall asleep, they just go down right where they are at that moment. They look dead but fortunately they come instantly alive once they hear something. Thanks for your help! It is very much appreciated 😃👍🏻
Oh, yes. Narcolepsy 😂
That's how they are the first couple days. My mom always thinks they're dead 😂

I have to keep waking them up to check they're alive. And then there's often one chick that seems to have tons of energy and just wants to walk all over the others that are trying to sleep.
How are they doing now?

Back
Top Bottom