Please help! Sick ducklings! New duck mom- second attempt.

I know that cedar shavings are bad for respiratory infections in ducks but you're not using them so that's not what's causing this. How about putting down puppy pads over the pine shavings? It makes clean up really easy and since you've only got 2 it might make the brooder stay drier and more comfortable too.
This is a great idea. I will try it. I cannot thank you all enough for the advice. I’ve been feeling pretty helpless. -and like this is all my fault.

I do sprinkle brewer’s yeast On top of their crumble. Although I have to admit it’s only every few days. The dirty sock smell scared me a little about the yeast in their diet. How much should they have? Feed supply at the TS was running low, they are on DuMor organic16% layer crumble
If they are not laying they should not get layer feed. Too much calcium. Please get them some duck pellets.

If they are not laying they should not get layer feed. Too much calcium. Please get them some duck pellets.
Thank you so much for this advice. I drove about 30 minutes to the tractor supply in a neighboring town to find feed specific for ducks. I was able to grab the last 2 small bags of Purina Duck Pellets they had. I live in central Kentucky so I am surprised at how difficult it was to find it. Not a small town but not a huge town either -and Rural farmland all around. Any advice on where to find duck pellets online? I’m not sure the 2 small bags will last very long and want to stock up on a larger bag. I can’t find any online retailers selling duck pellets. Thanks again.

It really can be. I use a hand help spray bottle on mist to mist my birds I start above their heads so it gently falls over their faces. I never used it in a vaporizer but you might want to try it that way.

Back
Top Bottom