Please Help - Sick Muscovy

hichicken

Chirping
Nov 18, 2019
Need help. My Muscovy ducks are all sick. They can’t stand and have trouble lifting their heads. Opening and closing beaks. Sneezing. They all got sick within yesterday morning and this morning.
What do I do? The big one, Clayton, is my baby. He plays soccer with me and follows me around. Any suggestions from duck experts? I called one vet emergency line.

Need help. My Muscovy ducks are all sick. They can’t stand and have trouble lifting their heads. Opening and closing beaks. Sneezing. They all got sick within yesterday morning and this morning.
What do I do? The big one, Clayton, is my baby. He plays soccer with me and follows me around. Any suggestions from duck experts? I called one vet emergency line.
I am not a duck expert, but for anyone who is, pictures may be of help. I wish you luck, i hope their alright!

I am so sorry to hear your Muscovy are sick. Can't stand and having trouble lifting their heads makes me think they may have gotten into something toxic. Moldy feed something dead? But the sneezing sounds like could be something else. Opening and closing their mouths to breathe? have you checked their nares to make sure they aren't blocked? Posting a video would be good then we can see exactly how they are you'll need to load it to Vimeo or youtube then copy and paste it here.
Here is info on treating for botulism https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/
Can you give us info on what they eat,where they sleep and do the free range or are they penned? Also what bedding are you using since some bedding can be toxic to poultry [cedar]
Are they eating and drinking?
@hichicken

I am so sorry to hear your Muscovy are sick. Can't stand and having trouble lifting their heads makes me think they may have gotten into something toxic. Moldy feed something dead? But the sneezing sounds like could be something else. Opening and closing their mouths to breathe? have you checked their nares to make sure they aren't blocked? Posting a video would be good then we can see exactly how they are you'll need to load it to Vimeo or youtube then copy and paste it here.
Here is info on treating for botulism https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/
Can you give us info on what they eat,where they sleep and do the free range or are they penned? Also what bedding are you using since some bedding can be toxic to poultry [cedar]
Definitely an expert :goodpost:

image.jpg

@hichicken
Thank you! Not eating but will drink if I did their beaks. They live outside but have access to a house. They tend to just stay in the grass under trees. I know a dead fish came out of their pond last week.
They are few rangers but also eat poultry food with oyster shells.

Back
Top Bottom