please help sour crop she is very sick please help!!!!!!!

NEVAEH4

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 9, 2012
PENSACOLA FL
My wife and I have tried for almost 2 weeks to help this R.I.R. sour crop her neck and chest are Hugh we have isolated her from the other chickens gave her vinegar in her water.we gave her yogurt also put veg oil down her we have even held her upside down and drained her,very nasty liquid came up. I can't seem to save this one we have rubbed her neck to help her get it up please help if you can. we did finely put her back with the girls after she stopped eating all together we have never lost a chicken before since we started taking of them but she is just sitting around I am very worried she will not make it much longer I feel she is suffering and don't know what my next step should be.thank u all..:(

Can you feel any sort of blockage? If the sour crop is the result of an impaction you may want to consider surgery to remove the blockage if nothing else has worked. I have done crop surgery in the past. If you decide you want to explore that route you can PM me.

Thank you for your fast response my 9 year old is very upset about this this makes 2 in just the past month we saved the other one. She was much easier why are they getting this is if something we are doing that is causing this or should I say not doing. How difficult is the surgery and is it very painful for the chicken.please let me know if we do this could my wife Nicole call you to talk about it if so we will email u our # ok my 22 month old little man is wanting dads undivided attention.lol

Back
Top Bottom