Please, help!!! started with 13, down to 1!!!

amandaetheridge

Hatching
Oct 17, 2020
Please, help. We hatched brood early this year. They would be 8 months old now. I have one hen left, out of 13. Be it, this hen is not part of the original brood hatched. She was a rescue received 6 to 7 months ago. First time we lost 6 total, then a few more each time, I get home from work today and I am down to one. I had dosed the whole flock with a oral drench of corrid. I did not do any fecal tests. None were/are laying yet, and their crops were swollen. I tried swapping diet for the swollen crops. It has helped a bit. Not completely rid of inflamed crops.

None of the chickens appear to have been killed by anything other than just dropping to the ground. Plenty of water, fed daily. I am not sure what has caused this, but to say I'm not upset is the complete opposite.

I don't feel as though the rescued hen brought anything and is sharing with the flock. She has been with them for months now. Can any one point me in any direction.

More information is necessary. What are you feeding? Any other symptoms? Generally if you want an absolute reason than sending a deceased bird for testing is your best option.

Back
Top Bottom