Please help! urgent!

AussieChics

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Adelaide Australia
Ive got 2 broody hens and I gave them eggs but clearly fighting over them. Ive taken 1 hen out with the remaining intact eggs but they are covered in yolk and crap. Do I wash them or leave them???? No idea about this :-(

I would wipe them down gently with a warm, damp cloth. All that yolk and such is likely to allow bacteria to enter the eggs and kill the embryos.

thank you so much! She's not too happy being moved thats for sure
Alot of hens will not stay on the nest after you move them and their eggs unless you can move the whole nest. You might have to return her and the eggs to the original nest, then fix the nest where no other chickens can get to her, but where she can have a little room to get of it and stretch her legs, eat, drink, etc. You only have a little time to decide what to do before the eggs get to cold. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Alot of hens will not stay on the nest after you move them and their eggs unless you can move the whole nest. You might have to return her and the eggs to the original nest, then fix the nest where no other chickens can get to her, but where she can have a little room to get of it and stretch her legs, eat, drink, etc. You only have a little time to decide what to do before the eggs get to cold. Good Luck!

Yeah there were more broken eggs this morning. So I've swapped chooks and locked her in the nesting box with the eggs and food and water. The other one isn't going to be too happy not sleeping in there

Back
Top Bottom