Please help us identify out lil babies

rome24kr

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009

It's a little too early to tell on the chimpmunk chick, since many breeds start off looking that way. I'm also not positive on your cute little yellow fluffball, since it doesn't seem to be feathering in all white, which would indicate a leghorn etc. BUT the last one, if it has five toes on its feet instead of four, is most likely a mottled houdan, esp. if you got the chicks from Ideal.

Both the chipmunks & white fluff balls are really small. Much smaller than the bantam Partridge Rocks I ordered. Is that a sign they are game chicks? The chicks did come from Ideal, so I checked out what breeds they still had available. Leghorns were out of stock, but they had Japanese, Game, Buff Orpingtons, Houdans, Polish, and feather footed (which I know we do not have).

Any other guesses at this point?

Yep! Tiny little chicks like that from Ideal, I'm betting you have some Old English Game Bantams. I love them, and they're very sweet and come in lots of colors. This is my red pyle OEGB cockerel who came from Ideal this spring:

And the lovely lady friends, self blues, that I got for him from a show breeder:

They stay very small, so don't be worried if the others get big and these little ones don't.

Back
Top Bottom